Fundraising can mean different things to different people but we believe it is about persuading individuals and organisations to make a gift of money to your cause. This gift is a voluntary donation for which the donor receives little or no tangible benefit or reward.
For those new to fundraising it can be difficult to know where
to start but fundraising has many benefits.
- It is unrestricted income (in most cases)
- It can be used to support core costs
- It is sustainable
- For every cause there are potential donors
- Many forms of fundraising have excellent ROI (Return On
Choosing the best way to raise funds for your organisation will
often depend on the resources you have available and what will
appeal to supporters. In the fundraising section we will present
the different fundraising sources available to you.
But before you start you need to ask yourself the following
- How much money do we need to fundraise?
- Do we need just to raise funds or is it about raising
- What resources are available to support fundraising?
- Who can get involved in fundraising?
- What is the timescale?
- How can we measure our success?